Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hw #58

Interviews of -

A person my age: The reason why I am not participating is because I believe it is a waste of time and money. The reason I believe it is a waste of time is because prom is all about hype and unnecessary, it is all just a fantasy we want to live but will never happen. The last thing I need is on my list is another thing to stress about at this time of the year. I also feel that prom is based on attention and that is not who I am. Some of it has to do with my religion, I could have convinced my parents but I truly do not want to go. Another reason is I believe school is a place of learning not to be associated with prom or other unnecessary things, it makes us lose focus on what matters in the long run. At a job application, they don't ask what dress you wore to prom but your college degree and references.

A second person my age: The main reason why going to prom was because i was asked and din't want to let him down and everyone was on my case to go. Prom I think is an overrated event, and is made into bigger deal than it is. It also can be very stressful from the dress to where you with your date. I don't know what to expect but i also have suspect that people will use as an excuse to be someone else for the night, let go and be seen differently. I expect a lot of wow moments where turn around to friend and are like did you see that. I don't want my emotions to dictate how my night goes, at the moment have no excitement but hopefully once night comes I will. I can hopefully for the best but plan for the worst, like a wardrobe malfunction, some one else has same dress or how night goes with date. I do not see prom as a life changing experience, or retelling this to anyone later in life, there is much better moments later on. Can't wait for the night to pass!


A person a little older than me: I participated because it was the last big social gathering with friends and classmates before we went to college, that is what this event's purpose is for. Word of advice always tell your date you are actually going to go to prom... I didn't because I believed I wasn't go and then my friend called me and told me to go. I went and had a good time, even ended up going to an after party. Then a friend of mine asked me to take a picture with me, then next day she decides to put all her pictures up on Myspace, and my girlfriend found out I ended up going... Not a good look.

A person significantly older than me: I only attended my dance or what Americans call "prom" for half an hour because my parents were strict traditional Mexican parents and had to attend with my brothers. I was fun, i got to dance to the music that was popular at the time, disco. The time flew by and my friends asked me to stay but I told them I had to go or I'd get in trouble. I wanted to stay and dance the entire night but unfortunately could not. I remember the dress being a blue turquoise tulle dress, and was long. Wore with white heels and long white gloves. First we danced with a designated partner, a rehearsed dance and then the rest of dances were of our choice. I was excited because i never had chance before to wear a long dress and after the ceremony they would hand us our diploma.


Another person significantly older than me: My dance in my senior year at "prepa" which is high school in Mexico, was worth it because was able to spend time with my friends. It gave me a chance to catch up with friends I hadn't talked to for awhile and ask them their plans after graduation, even share with them my own plans. We had a lot of expectations for this event because there was going to be a live music band that I liked, so was excited and nervous. I wore that night a casual attire but neat because the event was outdoors and hot out, so we all agreed not to wear suits. A date for this event was not required which I thought was good because I had a chance to dance with more friends. At the end of night, when leaving event felt very tired but at the same time very happy, the dance had fulfilled my expectations and till today I am left with good memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment